728x90 AdSpace

­Top Banner Advertisement

Blogs

Windhoek man shoots girlfriend and commits suicide

A 39-year-old man allegedly shot and killed his girlfriend before committing suicide in Windhoek’s Ombili informal settlement on Tuesday.
Namibian Police Force spokesperson, Deputy Commissioner Kauna Shikwambi in a media statement said the incident occurred around 18h00 and involved Martin Mupopiwa and the mother of his two children, identified as Ndapewa Moses.
The statement said Moses had been living with her family in the Ombili informal settlement and Mupopiwa went to see her an insisted that she return to their shack in Ombwa yalyata Otina, which she refused to do.

Air Namibia extends suspension of flight operations

Air Namibia on Monday extended the suspension of its domestic flights following the extension of stage three level of restrictions across the 14 regions, by President Hage Geingob on Friday.
Stage three level of restrictions was extended for 14 days to curb the further spread of COVID-19.
A media statement issued by the airline on Monday said the suspension will be in place until such a time when local travel will be allowed, adding that it will, however, be on standby.

Ondangwa completes phase one of new open market

The first phase of the new open market under construction at Ondangwa has been completed, the town’s spokesperson, Petrina Shitalangaho has said.
Shitalangaho in an interview with Nampa on Tuesday said construction of the new open market started last year. The town council has budgeted N.dollars 15 million for the project.
“It will be constructed in two phases, with each phase costing N.dollars 7.5 million,” she said.

Oshikango market to reopen

The Oshikango Open Market (Omatala), which was closed for business during stage one (lockdown) of the State of Emergency declared in the country in March on account of the global Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, will resume its activities on Monday.
Oshikango is a part of the Helao Nafidi Town in the Ohangwena Region, situated along the Namibia-Angola border.

MVA spent over N.dollars 5 million on road safety campaigns in 2018/19

The Motor Vehicle Accident (MVA) Fund has spent N.dollars 5.5 million on road safety campaigns, its chief of corporate affairs Surihe Gaomas-Guchu has said.
Gaomas-Guchu in a recent interview with Nampa said the fund expended N.dollars 2.7 million in 2018 and N.dollars 2.8 million during 2019 for campaigns under the umbrella of its #DoTheRightThingAndSaveLives aimed to reduce the number of crashes, injuries and fatalities.

Pages

Top